Funding is only supplied to researchers who operate from within a recognised research institution. South Africa is richly blessed with the capacity and the skills of reputable and well-established institutions from where our researchers work.
Functions of the Research Institutions
- Draft project protocols in accordance with the needs identified by the industry
- Submit project proposals and protocols to the Planning Committees for evaluation
- Execute research, within the contractual obligations of the RMRD SA
- Submit annual progress reports to the Planning Committees for monitoring
- Submit final reports promptly to the Planning Committees for evaluation
- Prepare articles and other material for publication
There are many organisations which support and provide research facilities for research in the Red Meat Industry amongst other areas of research.
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the North West
- Agricultural Research Council of Onderstepoort Veterinary Institute
- Agricultural Research Council of Animal Production Institute
- Grootfontein Agricultural Development Institute
- University of Fort Hare
- Tshwane University of Technology
- National Wool Growers Association
This is not a comprehensive list of Institutes where research could be done and does not prohibit other research institutes to apply for funding.