Functions of the Research Institutions
Funding is only supplied to researchers who operate from within a recognised research institution. South Africa is richly blessed with the capacity and the skills of reputable and well-established institutions from where our researchers work.
- Draft project protocols in accordance with the needs identified by the industry
- Submit project proposals and protocols to the Planning Committees for evaluation
- Execute research, within the contractual obligations of the RMRD SA
- Submit annual progress reports to the Planning Committees for monitoring
- Submit final reports promptly to the Planning Committees for evaluation
- Prepare articles and other material for publication
There are many organisations which support and provide research facilities for research in the Red Meat Industry amongst other areas of research.
This is not a comprehensive list of Institutes where research could be done and does not prohibit other research institutes to apply for funding.