APPLY FOR FUNDING
Complete a PROJECT PROPOSAL
with details such as:
- Identification of the project - title, industry sector, description, programme and element/challenge.
- The research team - all team members with contact details.
- More project details, objectives, description, motivation, duration.
- Funding of the project, other sources of funds, budgets per annum with expected income and expenses.
- A set of guidelines on how to complete the form is also available.
All proposals are submitted for consideration by the appropriate Subject Working Group for Cattle & Small stock projects and then to by the CSS Planning Committee. Pork Projects are only considered by the Pork Planning Committee.
The Planning Committees have to be selective given the demands and priorities of the Red Meat Industry. Many other factors are considered when prioritising and evaluating projects. When a proposal is accepted, it will be recommended and presented to the RMRDSA Planning Committee for approval. Please take note that even at this stage a project may be turned down. Factors considered during funding, read more...
Once the Planning Committee has approved the project, only then will the researcher be notified of their success. An Agreement will be drawn up between the Research Institute and the RMRDSA, before any funding will be released.
Please note you are not to submit a word document.
Print this Application form and use it to prepare for online submission of your application.
LINK TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION..
Researchers will be notified of the decision of the relevant Planning Committee within a week or 2 of the meeting.
- In some cases the recommendations will indicate changes to be made to the proposal before submitting again.
- Alternatively it may be recommended that you complete a Literature study on the area of research.
- In certain cases your Full Proposal may be rejected because of many other reasons which may or may not be stated. Reasons may include, lack of funds, not a priority area, the project is similar to another project funded before etc.